The Liebster Awards are given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who do not yet have 200 followers.
The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcomeRULES:
1. Each Person posts Eleven things about them
2. Answer the questions the nominator made for you, and create 10 more questions for the blogs you nominate.
3. Choose nominations and link them to your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
Here are Eleven Random Facts about Me !
- Books are a passion and something I cannot go a day without reading! My friends have even described a bibbliomaniac and I fear some days it is true! I have spent many a nights awake just finishing the last pages of a book sometimes even the sun is coming up!
- I love to bake but I hate to clean up my baking dishes... I wish I had a person just to clean up all the dishes you accumulate from baking.
- I hate mornings .. it is kind of sad how much I enjoy sleep I have the most annoying ring tone on my old cell phone as I can ( a Roster crowing ) and I set my alarm for three different times before I wake up..
- My favorite city to visit is Boston so much history and love walking around Cambridge
- I have way too many travel ambitions and they vary from wanting to see Greenland to lounging on a beach in the Bahamas
- Before moving North I would never eat anything that was not Chicken , pork or Beef ... Now I love seal and muktuk... but I would still never eat a Mushroom
- I am a huge Criminal Minds and NCIS freak.. I could watch them for ages and never get bored
- I believe there should be a recipe for everything... Soups , baked beans and things that my family tell me is just a bit of this and that annoy me so I make them give me more precise measurements
- Grocery Shopping relaxes me.. Nothing better than finding yummy foods to eat and being able to take as much time as you want... Grocery shopping on the fly frazzles me
- My musical tastes vary depending on my moods... I love everything from rap to classical , heavy metal and country
- Nothing is better on a cold winter night ( or in this case Fall night) then watching Disney cartoon movies... reminds me of being a kid!
My TEN Questions form Sarah are:
1. Where is your happy place? My Happy place is sitting outside in the sunshine reading my books.
2. What is your least favourite thing to do? Dishes... I don't know why but that is my least favorite chore
3. Why did you choose to live where you are living? I didn't choose Kimmirut per say as this is where they placed me but I did make my preference known for Nunavut and above the Tree Line.
4. What is your absolute comfort food? It may sound gross but elbow macaroni cooked and then you take a can of Campbell's tomato Soup and do not dilute it and mix it with the macaroni... it is my child hood favorite.
5. If you had to pick three friends to be on your team to survive a zombie apocalypse and explain why they are on your team! Humm that is a hard question.. I would say Jen because she is the person that I think would have the most level head and could keep the hysteria down. My friend Hanna would be the one who would find food because she is always trying new things and could probably convince us to eat crazy things. My sister Whitney because she has enough survival skills to keep us all alive!
6. What is your most favourite song? That is for sure a hard question! I like too may songs but if I had to say if there was one song I favorite is a Parody of LMFAOs Party Rock Anthem... Called Potter Rock
7. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Craziest thing I have ever done was break out dancing and singing loudly in the middle of the store I work in because the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" came on
8. If you could have coffee with anyone in the world who would it be? and why? I would love to have coffee with Hannah Howell she is my favorite author and I would love to just talk to her about how she comes up with her ideas and can make them carry on through many books.
9. If you could go on an all expenses paid holiday for 2 weeks – where would it be? I would go to the Scottish Highlands... it has always been a place that fascinates me the mystery and the history .. I would explore every castle I could.
10. When did you start blogging and why did you continue to blog? I started this blog because I wanted to share my experiences living in the North. I also wanted a way for my family to keep in touch with my adventures without having to send out a million emails every time. As well not everyone gets to experience the North and alot of people have questions so I hope my blog answers some of them.
My 10 Questions for my Nominees are:
1) What is your favorite move of all time?
2) What is one skill you do exceptionally well?
3) If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go an why?
4) What is one food you would never stop eating?
5) What is your worst habit.. Would you change it?
6) What is the one thing that always comes with you on all your moves?
7) If you could dance with one celebrity for an hour would you dance with?
8) What drew you to area where you live?
9) What is the one piece of clothing in your wardrobe that you love?
10) Why do you continue to blog?
Darcy- http://eighteightyone.blogspot.ca - A former Nunavut Blogger who now resides in Fort Mac and I love reading his adventures out West.
Townie Bastard- http://towniebastard.blogspot.ca/ - The Godfather of Nunavut blogging ... Have to say he is a plethora of information!
Golda- http://justgolda.blogspot.ca/- A teacher here in town who has become a great friend this blog is her adventures as a teacher in the North
Hailey- http://allofitornunavut.blogspot.ca/- A teacher in Whale Cove NU, her adventures in the North